The Wilson Wire

The Student News Site of Wilson High School

Upcoming Events
  • It's the last month of the school year! 10 AM starts next week!

The Wilson Wire

The Wilson Wire

Wilson Girls Basketball Team

Wilson Girls Basketball Team
Lillian Glaze @captured_by_lillian

The Wilson Girls Basketball team this past season has been showing a great level of skill, determination, excellence and teamwork that is truly awe-inspiring. From the moment of tip-off to the final buzzer, the talented group of girls have caught the attention of others. The team has a staggering record of 19-1, and the players don’t intend to stop there.

Kylee Evans, a senior and forward on the team states, “Our team chemistry is great. All of the girls play well together and we all enjoy each others company on and off the court, which makes us perform well as a team.” It appears the team’s bond is one that can’t be broken and is continuously forged through the countless hours of practice and outside connections. 

In a recent victory on January 29, 2024, the team secured a major victory against Muhlenberg High School. The win shows their nonstop determination, leaving supporters and spectators in admiration of their skillful performance. 

Looking ahead, the team faces more challenging match ups. On February 2, 2024, they go head to head against Reading High School in what is expected to be an exciting showdown. The battle with Governor Mifflin High School on February 5, 2024 is another eagerly awaited game that will test the spirit of our exceptional athletes. 

As the team continues to grow and navigate through this season’s challenges, they will make a mark on the high school basketball scene. Whether it’s a buzzer beater or a joyous celebration after a victorious win, the Wilson Girls Basketball team has etched its name in the records of sport achievements and is a symbol of determination.