The Wilson Wire

The Student News Site of Wilson High School

Upcoming Events
  • It's the last month of the school year! 10 AM starts next week!

The Wilson Wire

The Wilson Wire

Top 10 Best and Most Affordable Beauty Products on the Market Right Now

As the beauty industry continues to flourish and rise in high-demand, it’s easy to see the main contributor to this: social media. Through popular apps such as Instagram and TikTok, social media users are able to freely share and influence others with their personal favorite products. Celebrity “influencers” (people with a large following and presence on social media) will simply set up their phone and film themselves doing their makeup, which gives them the opportunity to promote their favorite brands. This common trend seen all over social media is a simple yet genius marketing strategy, as its casual format feels intimate and attentive to those who watch it. Large makeup companies have taken advantage of these “Get Ready With Me” videos, as brand deals and sponsorships are commonly tied into these clips. 

The use of social media to promote products has entirely shifted the tone of the beauty industry, as high-end products are in high-demand more than ever before due to the normalization of their use. As of now, makeup sales alone produce nearly $77.8 billion annually. The growth of the Beauty & Self-Care market is only expected to increase over time, projected to rise by at least 3.33% in the next four years. 

As someone who enjoys wearing makeup relatively frequently and prides themself on using good-quality products, I wanted to share my top ten list of not only the best makeup products right now, but the ones that are the most affordable. It’s easy to get overwhelmed when buying makeup due to their intimidatingly high prices or large ranges in quality. Therefore, I wanted to share my favorite products that include qualities of both affordability and reliability. 

1. L’oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara – $12.99

Arguably one of my favorite makeup products of all time, L’oreal Telescopic is the BEST mascara I have ever used. It’s thin, flexible wand causes extreme lengthening to your lashes, and its formula lasts for a long time yet washes off easily after a long day’s use. I get compliments on the daily about my lashes, and there’s only one answer: this mascara! 

Personal Favorite: Blackest Black Mascara

2. L’oreal Paris True Match Lumi Glotion Natural Glow Enhancer – $12.99

Yet another product made by L’oreal Paris, this product is PERFECT for an effortlessly glowy look. Its formula leaves a slighter tanner looking complexion on your skin that appears entirely natural. This is a staple product in my everyday makeup routine, and I genuinely love it.

Personal Favorite: Deep

3. Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm – $24

This is hands down THE BEST lip product I have ever used. Its glossy, pigmented formula leaves your lips feeling moisturized and smoother than ever. Not to mention, it smells DELICIOUS in whatever scent you choose. 

Personal Favorite: Pink Sugar

4. Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Liquid Blush – $23

If you are a fan of cream blushes, Selena Gomez’s Rare Beauty blush is the PERFECT addition to your makeup routine. Its intense pigment lasts for long periods of time, and its large variety in shades allows for every makeup user to find the perfect color for their complexion. Not to mention, its smooth application feels great on the skin. I love this blush!

Personal Favorite: Happy

5. Tree Hut Exfoliating Shea Sugar Scrub – $7.99

There are three words to describe this beauty product: exfoliating, smoothing, and scented! This product is essential in my everyday shower routine, as it does a great job of exfoliating my skin, leaving a smooth and deliciously-scented result. It offers dozens of differing scents, ranging from tropical fruits to desserts to classic smells. I highly recommend this product.

Personal Favorite(s): Moroccan Rose and Tropical Mango

6. e.l.f. Total Face Sponge – $6.00

In my opinion, I believe that beauty blenders are the most effective tools to apply and blend your makeup. This blender, made by e.l.f., is a reliable and sturdy product that blends your makeup effortlessly. 

7. Tweezerman Classic Lash Curler – $15.50

1 This is by far the best eyelash curler I have ever used. Its strong structure does an amazing job of curling your lashes, gripping every last strand to ensure that your lashes will be curled in an upwards shape. I constantly get compliments on my eyelashes, and it’s all thanks to this amazing tool.

8. Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer – $11.99

A staple in many people’s makeup routine, this concealer does a great job of covering up imperfections on the skin, whether it be acne, dark spots, redness, or more! Its formula lasts for a long amount of time, and its blending sponge-like tool on the top makes it easy to blend on your face.

9. Anastasia Beverly Hills Mini Medium Hold Clear Brow Gel – $9.00

Though I have used several different brands of eyebrow gel, Anastasia Beverly Hills Mini product is definitely the best! Despite its small size, the product itself lasts for a long time. The application is perfect for all, as its brush can adapt to any kind of brow shape. This product by far leaves my brows in place for the longest amount of time and I highly recommend it.

10. Cerave Foaming Face Wash – $13.69

Easily accessible and dermatologist approved, this face wash is incredibly reliable and has helped clear my skin significantly. As someone who experienced facial acne, this face wash did an excellent job of reducing it due to its highly trustworthy formula that removes dirt and oils while also replenishing your skin. Overall, I love this product, and I hope you will, too!