The Wilson Wire

The Student News Site of Wilson High School

Upcoming Events
  • It's the last month of the school year! 10 AM starts next week!

The Wilson Wire

The Wilson Wire

A Message From Dr. Trickett Regarding Construction

Dear Wilson Community,

I am reaching out with updates on the progress of our ongoing construction projects within the Wilson School District.

As many of you know, the construction of the Performing Arts Center is progressing according to schedule. We are excited to announce that the next significant step in this project will be the interior demolition, beginning March 22nd. As we close out 60+ years of concerts and shows in our auditorium, we invite all community members to attend the final Wilson High School Theater Company performance of the year, “Little Mermaid.” This production will occur on February 29th, March 1st, and March 2nd. For ticket information, click here.

Additionally, at the February 20th meeting of the Wilson School Board, we presented an update regarding the next phase of our construction projects, particularly addressing the overcrowding in our elementary schools. While temporary measures such as portable classrooms have helped lessen the impact of consistent enrollment increases, it has become evident that constructing a sixth elementary school is essential to meet the educational needs of our students. After carefully considering various options, we have determined that building a cutting-edge facility on the Lincoln Park property, owned by the school district, is the best choice for all stakeholders involved.

To ensure transparency and gather community input, we will host a public information session regarding the new Lincoln Park Elementary School on Wednesday, February 28th, at 6:00 pm in the District Administration Building at 2601 Grandview Blvd., West Lawn. We encourage interested community members to attend to learn more and share their questions, concerns, and recommendations. The information session will also be live-streamed at this link.

Please visit our dedicated construction website for more detailed information about our current and future projects, including updates and links to a timeline of events.

Thank you for your ongoing support and collaboration as we work together to enhance our educational facilities for the benefit of all our students and our great community.

Sincerely,
Dr. Chris Trickett, Superintendent