The Wilson Wire

The Student News Site of Wilson High School

Upcoming Events
  • It's the last month of the school year! 10 AM starts next week!

The Wilson Wire

The Wilson Wire

Ten Year Olds at Sephora and Ulta Why Are They There

Recently there has been a trend on social media about young adults complaining about 10-year-olds in Sephora and other makeup stores. The videos show POVs, past interactions, and videos complaining about the nastiness these kids are showing. 

Dermatologists claim that this isn’t harming them as long as they get the chemicals that are healthy for their young skin. 

When the older generations were at the age of ten they were still watching kids shows and playing with the kid’s makeup, but now there are snobby younger generations who will go into the stores and think they know what’s going on. 

The younger generation is currently going into high-end stores and spending their own money, but they’re starting to be rude and ignorant to the workers and acting as if they’re better and have a sense of knowing what’s going on in life. 

A positive way to look at the kids is they’re having fun and are getting the experience to learn how to take care of themselves. As long as they use products that are healthy for their skin type and try to learn and understand what they’re putting on their faces. It can be helpful in the future for them getting to know what might help them down the road when their skin might not be as clear. 

A negative way to look at it in that light is that they could harm themselves more than help. If they keep using products that aren’t for them and break out their skin it can mess with their pores. It can cause them more insecurities and more problems with their skin as they become older. 

A middle ground would be simple skin care products such as face wash, fun face masks used once in a while, lotion, etc. It can be easier to learn what those simple products are to find the base buildup for taking care of later skin issues. Learning how to clean yourself and trying to be trendy and act older are way different. You can have fun and use cute products that are made specifically for your age instead of rushing to grow up. 

In the end, it’s all about what doctors or guardians choose to lead their patients/ children to do. All skin is different and some is sensitive. Learning how to take care of it and harming it are two different things. The children should make sure they have guidance and help as they figure everything out.